Friday, March 21, 2008

Video Killed the Television Star



I found this ad on Viddler.com, which seemed appropriate. It is a PSA to entice children to read. There is no reason we can't add components of this to places on our website. We say to people, read, read, read, and then we do little in ways of motivating them. Advertising is effective. I know I like to buy things. Children are even more susceptible.

YouTube is my favorite of these sites. The size makes it more useful and somehow it has always met my needs. The ability to have vast amounts of information makes a site better, especially if they do a decent job of organizing it. As I looked at Metacafe, I found the layout to be decent. I did not like the ads that they place on the video as it ran. I found it annoying. I like video online because I don't have to watch ads, so this ruins the experience for me. I wasn't particularly wild about bliptv either.

No comments: