Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sweet Music

I like Pandora quite a lot. In fact, I've already blogged about it on another blog. I use it occasionally however. I like using it as a way to listen to bands that I already like.

Mango is by far the coolest of these sites. I love the idea of providing language skills for free. I can see this being a useful site for people learning a second language. The problem becomes one of access for people learning online. I think many people learning English in our community would be surprised to learn that they could use this in our libraries.

The Internet Archive has a way to go, unless of course you are down with the Dead. I'm not. Over 4000 videos of Dead concerts? Really? I don't know if every piece of information needs to be preserved. Kudos to them though.

Finally, yes, CD's are dead. Sorry folks.

No comments: